- A Fully-accredited K-12 program for serious Soccer players
- Boarding School (non-boarding options available)
- Enroll on a full-time or weekly basis
- College Prep Program
- Located in Port St. Lucie, Florida
- World-class Soccer coaching
- Programs available every week of the year
- A proven formula and guidance for elite athletic performance
Limited Enrollment Available
The Best Soccer Academy Program in the World, Period.
Are you ready to bring out the champion within? The Altitude Rush Boarding Academy uses one of the most customized developmental youth soccer training programs in the industry.
The coaching team is led by Soccer Hall of Fame Coach, Ferdinando De Matthaeis, who, since 1999, coached 4 teams in Italy, and 12 teams in the U.S. He has coached multiple all-star teams and brings his wealth of knowledge and passion for the sport to Altitude Rush.
Before coaching, he achieved honors and awards as a soccer player, with accolades ranging from Top Scorer and MVP as well as the captain of an all-star team. Coach Ferdinando knows what it takes to train for a successful soccer career, and he can’t wait to help you improve your game.
All coaching staff is passionate, certified and experienced in helping you improve your game and have fun doing it!
Coach Ferdinando De Matthaeis by the numbers:
Altitude Rush prepares student athletes for challenges on and off the soccer field. Our high-performance soccer academy focuses on optimizing the physical and mental performance of each student we accept into our accredited K-12 program. Our internationally-renowned Soccer Academy attracts and shapes top student athletes from around the world.
We are committed to delivering the best personalized training and education, while providing each student with a pathway to success. Our boarding school provides a dynamic learning community that ensures students get the support, training and education to become champions.
- Physical & Mental Preparation
- Prepare for challenges on and off the soccer field
- Optimize physical and mental performance
- Personalized training and education
In addition to soccer academy training, junior soccer players will be given the chance to train with the best players and to engage in match-play, conditioning, mental training and Coach’s Eye video analysis and player analysis.
Origin of a Champion – A Pathway to Success
Altitude Academies: Evolving student athletes into champions.
We defined the pathway to success. Let us guide you.
Personalization through Periodization
Periodization is a PLANNING SYSTEM that prepares athletes to reach peak performance levels during scheduled competitions.
- Periodization Training Method divides the overall program into specific and distinct periods, so improvements are made step by step, month to month, and year to year.
- The Periodization plan is the athlete’s GPS. It shows us the fastest route, keeps us informed every step of the way, and through it, we find out if we are getting off track and how to find the road again.
- Prepare for the highest levels of competition.
- With a well-written Periodization Plan, the Athletes train more efficiently.
- The method considers the different needs of all levels of players, from the novice to the professional athlete.
- Constant reviewing is imperative to keep the athlete motivated and on track.
- The Periodization Method is divided into three cycles: the Macro Cycle (the long-term plan), the Mezzo Cycle (partial planning in the short term, keeping in mind the overall objective of the Macro Cycle), and the Micro Cycle (includes the fundamental parts of the daily training).
- The Periodization Plan consists of six phases: adaptation, development, pre-competition, tapering, competition, and rest.
- Using a well-written Periodization Plan, the Athletes train more efficiently in a shorter period avoiding boredom, over-training, staying motivated, fresh, and injury-free.
“As a player and coach I have performed hundreds and hundreds of drills and exercises—I feel compelled to pass on what I’ve learned throughout my incredible journey.”
-Ferdi De Matthaeis
Altitude Academies is different than most schools. Because of our custom individualized approach, we are committed to understanding the goals of the family, as well as the student, throughout the admissions process. Due to our blended approach, Altitude Rush offers many options in various areas of specialty. Which means that the student has flexibility in determining and adjusting their learning journey while enrolled in the Academy. Altitude Academy’s calendar is from August to the end of May. However, we offers rolling admissions, allowing a student to join the academy in the fall, spring, or summer semesters.
Admissions Process – Path to Graduation
Step 1 — Schedule Meeting with Admissions Specialists
Step 2 — Submit Enrollment Application
Step 3 — Application Review & Approval Process
Step 4 — Transcript Review
Step 5 — Request for More Information (if necessary)
Step 6 — Acceptance
Step 7 — Academic Plan Created (Schedule of Course to Graduation)
Step 8 — Academic Plan Validated
Step 9 — Classes Begin
Step 10 — Graduation
At our foundation, Altitude Academies is a College Preparatory program and pathway to Higher Education. Our track record for preparing student athletes for post high school studies and competition is extensive. Having been in the College Placement arena for over 40 years we have been fortunate to place thousands of students into top schools around the country. From all three NCAA Divisions (I, II, and III) and from Stanford to the Ivy League, our student’s athletes have gone on to become some of the best professionals in sport, business and life.